July 4th is right around the corner! Make renting your houseboat this summer a time of celebration. Use your houseboat as a base, and explore, explore, explore. Join in the fun and festivities at Redding this 4th of July. Redding is a small town with a big heart.
Redding is a Mere 10 Miles from Shasta Lake
You will find Redding a mere 10 miles from Shasta Lake. This translates into 6 minutes by car!
Redding is a small town in California. It has a population of only 91,000 residents. This town has much to offer. It has a cosmopolitan feel which draws many city dwellers with its charm.
Many visitors flock to Redding for weekend getaways and soon fall in love with its outdoorsy ambiance. The entire area offers much in the way of fly fishing, hikes, walking, and other outdoor activities.
Start Your 4th July with the Signarama Firecracker 5K Event!
Start the morning of the 4th of July with the Signarama Firecracker 5K event. This is the ideal way to share the day with family and the community! The event takes off at Turtle Bay Exploration Park at 8 am sharp.
The celebration opens with a patriotic Red, White, and Blue ceremony. The ceremony starts off with the Pledge of Allegiance and Star-Spangled Banner.
Participants enjoy a long and winding course along the Sacramento River. Runners and walkers enjoy some of the most breathtaking riverside views of the McConnell gardens. Walkers and runners alike won’t forget this scenic and eventful 4th of July event.
What Will Happen on the Day?
Gather the troops before throwing steaks on the BBQ. And before settling down to the fireworks display, enjoy a fun-filled celebration. It’s time to celebrate your 4th of July in true American style. Make sure you, your friends, and family embrace patriotism to the fullest! Here’s what to expect with the Signarama Firecracker 5K.
- Little Sparklers also get their turn. There’s a ¼ mile walk or run race for the little ones. Entrants must be 10 years of age and younger. Entrance fees for Little Sparklers is $10.
- A 5K flag-lined course follows the Little Sparklers race. Run, walk, or stroll. The choice is yours!
- All entrants will get a limited-edition commemorative T-shirt.
- All little walkers and runners get a medal for their efforts.
- Medals are awarded to groups with the most patriotic outfits.
- There are aid-stations provided. Confirmation is closer to the day.
- Toilets are also available. Confirmation of these is closer to the event.
Celebrating the 4th of July with Fireworks!
The Redding Freedom Festival takes place on the 4th of July 2022. Confirmation of the time is closer to the actual holiday date.
- The location is the Redding Civic Auditorium and is a FREE community event.
- Celebrate with friends and family with food trucks, fireworks, music and more.
- The annual fireworks display will begin after dark.
It’s never too early to book your vacation rentals! Get in early and book your Shasta Lake houseboat today. This will give you ample time to get a delightful spot.
With Redding a mere stone’s throw from Shasta Lake, you’ll be in a great spot to experience all the action. Everyone loves a wonderful fireworks display. Ensure you celebrate in style. Register early for the Redding Firecracker 5K. Dress in your best red, white, and blue to show off your patriotism!