If you are a first-timer to houseboat vacations, you may have trouble determining what you need to bring.
- What clothes are ideal for the cool Shasta Lake weather?
- What food and supplies do I need to enjoy the comfort of my kitchen?
- Do I need anything else for a stress-free trip?
So, if you are making your houseboat vacation checklist and want to confirm everything you need is accounted for and brought onboard, be sure and start with these items.
When it comes to enjoying Shasta Lake and your houseboat, it’s all about waterproof and lightweight clothes.
Bring along a pair of water shoes, which will protect your feet on any hiking explorations, as well as board shorts, swimsuits, and other clothing that is ideal for long days in the sun and cool lake waters.
Sunglasses are also a must, due to the intensity of the sun off the miles and miles of water. And visitors should note that even in the summertime, the weather can get a little cool at night, so a sweater or sweatpants will ensure you stay cozy all vacation long.
The great thing about staying in a houseboat for your vacation is you’ll have everything you need to enjoy family meals at home!
Cookware, utensils, and other necessities are generally supplied onboard, but you may want to bring along the little extras to make preparing tasty meals a breeze:
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
Having non-refrigerated snacks and ready-to-go meals will also come in handy for more rugged explorations and on-land adventures.
Easy breakfast or lunch items (like cereals, fruit, bread, nuts, trail mix, and other small and easily-packable treats) will certainly add extra convenience throughout your trip.
In addition to the right clothes and food items, there are a few other items that will make your vacation more enjoyable and convenient throughout.
Remember, you can always pick up anything you missed at the various marina stores or snack bars, but even so, the following supplies will keep your stay stress-free.
- Towels and clothespins (including a set of different colored towels for each person on board will also help to avoid confusion)
- First aid kit and supply of prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Extra paper products including paper towels, toilet paper, and napkins
- A butane lighter for grilling
- A flashlight and batteries
- A small cooler and backpacks for day trips and expeditions
- Waterproof containers for electronics or valuable items, like credit cards, cash, and your driver’s license
- Linens, blankets, and extra pillows (although you can also pick these up at our local retail stores)
Call Us Today
One benefit of vacationing onboard a Bridge Bay Houseboat is so much of what you need for a comfortable stay is already included or readily available in the area.
If you accidentally leave something behind, there’s no need to stress! With Bridge Bay Houseboats, it’s easy to have a worry-free stay all vacation long. Contact us today!